Friday 4 February 2011

Blocking Buses Cause Cantankerousness

The trouble with coming back late is that you cause GBDS - Grumpy Bus Driver Syndrome the next morning. Because you have had to park your bus at the front, it is impossible not to block someone in. Some drivers feel offended by such a move.

"You should 'ave 'eard 'im," a driver said. "He was stomping around, muttering to himself - effing this, effing that and effing the other. Are you alreet? I says. Aye I'm fine he says. Anything the matter I asks. Nothing he says."

Well, it is a nuisance arriving in the depot, finding your bus is hemmed in. It is extra work, having to start up the other buses and moving them, before you can get onto the road. I was on a day off, so I missed the moaning and the complaining.

This morning, I spied the driver entering the depot and thought it would be right to apologise for causing an obstruction.

"No," he said in a cheerful tone. "there was no problem. I wasn't bothered."

Bus drivers, at times, are an unfathomable breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment