Saturday 12 June 2010

You Will Tell Me What You Had For Breakfast

Someone told me they were surprised by my writings. "There's an awful lot of vomit and violence," they said. I am afraid that is the nature of much of the work I do.

There were two firsts this week. Little Dennis was unfortunately sick while we were still on the motorway, long before the windy roads. The omens were not good. they were made even worse when the teachers interrogated the wretched Dennis in front of all the other children.

"So what did you have for breakfast, Dennis?"

"Well I had sausage, egg and bacon and I had a bowl of chocolate...."

"A bowl?" replied the teacher. "I don't think so. It was more like a bucket." All the other children. "And what did you wash it down with........" continued the teacher. The more information which was more forthcoming, the more queasy the other children seemed to feel.

It was not a happy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment