Thursday 7 October 2010

Someone Is Watching Over Me

A miracle occurred today.

Well it was my salvation. It was a nightmare for the boss.

The bus I had put a hole into the rear bumper was involved in an accident. On a school trip, some driver came haring round the corner and drove straight into the back of the bus. The back end was severely dented and the boot door, the lighting arrays and the bumper were severely twisted and mangled.

My little hole had disappeared. It had been swallowed up and incorporated in the far more serious damage. It is a slight lessening of the hook, if not being let off completely.

"I still want to remind you that the bit you hit was the only part of the bus I had had painted," said the boss. "I'll never let you forget that."

Not an absolute pardon, by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment